"Not that we were incompatible: we just had nothing to talk about." — Haruki Murakami (Norwegian Wood)

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Crazy Spa Treatments: Sperm Facial?!

So I was browsing through this week's New York magazine this morning and read a short piece on how the latest craze in anti-aging treatments is a sperm-based facial. I'm sorry, what now?

Called the Spermine Facial, it consists of slathering synthesized human sperm on your face and then running an ultrasound and infared light over the substance to help it, ahem, penetrate deeper. Townhouse Spa is currently offering this service for $250.

Apparently studies were conducted (can you imagine that clinical trial?) that showed that the antioxidant found in human sperm makes your skin softer and less wrinkly. I've seen people put some pretty crazy stuff on their face in the name of beauty but this takes the cake. I'm all for piling on the lotions and potions to keep my skin looking its best, but I don't think I could get over the gross-out factor on this one.

Would you try the Spermine Facial or is this just too gross for words?

No comments:

Post a Comment